Vintage Loving Librarian in 6 Inch Heels

a little about my vintage inspired life; from chickens to victory rolls...

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Some poor photography and some posing....

I do apologise now for my poor photography but I want to try and share more of my wonderful clothes and accessories with you.

I love my collection; I wear vintage/vintage styles everyday and favour 40's - 60's, and am a real rockabilly at heart!

I have some fab items as I have been collecting for years now and I will try to show you more.

I wear a brooch every day apart from boring cleaning days when  am in my slob gear!! lol! :) I love red lippy which I am not wearing in some of these pics as I put it on before I walk out the door and I took pics in the bedroom!

I love bright colours, lots of flowers and I don't really do subtle!!

I work alongside another Jo and they differentiate between us by referring to me as Retro Jo! :D

So here's some stuff from the last week;

 Casual outfit to go and do errands in town. My pin curls are hiding under that headscarf!


Pedal Pushers - vintage from charity shop/thrifted
Vest - Primark
Shoes - Shoe zone
Leopard Print Headscarf - vintage from eBay
Assorted bangles - vintage from various charity shops/thrift stores



This is one of my favourite brooches, a diamante double bass. Unfortunately the bling does not photograph well! This was a total bargain - £2 from a little antique store in Chepstow, Wales.


 Sunglasses - online but can't remember where from!

This is what I wore last Saturday night for my friends birthday meal.
Dress - Collectif
Belt - Primark



Shoes - New Look. They are really high! And I do love high shoes!! :D



(Minus red lippy)
Fascinator - 50p Primark sale!

This was another work outfit;


Dress - vintage from eBay
Shoes - Primark
Cardigan - Primark
Brooch - Also £2 from antique store in Chepstow! Its some type of coated metal!


 (need lippy again!!)

Another work outfit...



Hairflowers - Primark
Butterfly - Gift
Brooch - eBay
Cardigan - Primark
 After seeing Charlotte's post on dangle pins over at Tuppence Ha'penny I have been looking non stop on eBay. This is a modern one but I had to have it, being a very keen gardener!
 Shoes - New Look

Dress - Vintage from charity shop/thrift store.

I am currently wearing a 60's casual dress, my slippers, and my hair kinda resembles a birds nest! Its been a busy week and I am enjoying a lazy day!

Have a great weekend lovelies!!

xoxo

4 comments:

Nicole Needles said...

Your workmates are lucky to have such a glamourous colleague! Great outfits.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Beautiful outfits, and you look lovely in them. I really like the blue spotted dress and that photo of you in the netted fascinator is stunning!

Beth said...

I love the updo with the flower. so cute, rockabilly and vintgae all in one!

leonie fanning said...

Hi Jo Jo wow u look amazing dresses are fab on u. Id love to wear vintage all the time and have looked everywhere but vintage is always tiny sizes. Im bit big at the moment and the dresses look awful on me usually. U have a great figure and all ur clothes look fab on u. Hope ur well love and kisses from Dublin xx Leo.